So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

You’ll be able to do proper poppadoms, too…

6 Likes

Have you a recipe for poppadoms Joe?

5 Likes

Buy & Fry, Twellsy

The ready-made ones are about half the size of ones from the takeaway or a restaurant

They take about 3 seconds…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

…until you pop them two at a time, (that bit’s important!) into the deep fryer.

Never made them from scratch, but it looks easy enough:
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/what-is-papadum-easy-recipe-and-tips-for-making-perfect-indian-crackers#what-is-papadum-served-with

5 Likes

Hungry now!

I buy the dry flat ones, when I can, brush orff the loose flour, then brush lightly with oil. Nuke in 10 second bursts

If I had had a deep fat fryer, I would have been very tempted by fried chicken. They are offering takeaway Backhendl at a couple of my favourite Carinthian establishments ATM

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Ulster fries ready folk!

7 Likes

Oh good, I have a real appetite now after a walk along the shore - had so much fun watching incompetent windsurfers making twits of themselves, does that make me a very nasty person?

7 Likes

Nobody’s forcing them to make fools of themselves. (I assume.)

yardarm

7 Likes

I do enjoy watching eejits who have spent loads of money on posh kitfalling in the water

Especially when a local with battered tatty kit just winfdsurfs paddle boards surfs rows a curragh or any watery pastime

I am a bad person to snigger at the townie incompetants…

6 Likes

If nobody drownded it can’t have been that entertaining, dere. But then, I am a VNP.

6 Likes

Drowndedness can always be arranged by the water feature here

Then you have the young ladies who spent a night clinging to a bouy after getting lost paddleboarding here

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0813/1158928-galway/

I get cross at them putting their rescuers at risk

7 Likes

Looks as if you’ve got some fun coming your way, Twellsy:

7 Likes

I wonder if it will be named?

7 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be able to think of a few names for it when it reaches you.

7 Likes

Rest assured I will send it east…

7 Likes

According to my weather station, we had quite a strong gust earlier this morning:

(look at the “Highest gust speed” for today under the “Summary: Yesterday and Today”). Well, I got it from a friend for free as it wasn’t working, replaced some parts for about €10; the temperature and pressure readings are usually fairly accurate!

7 Likes

That’s quite a hurricane you had there!

TFD used to have a weather station. I say ‘used to’ because he got fed up with it after the anemometer blew away in a storm, an occurrence that caused quite a bit of hilarity for our neighbours. Gawd knows how far it went, it was never found.

7 Likes

The rainfall monitor part of mine flooded and drowned …

7 Likes

Brilliant!

ETA I’ve just scrolled down and seen your wind speed graph. Hilarious.

6 Likes

If you look at the monthly report (link at the very bottom of the page), you’ll see why I said the temperature is usually fairly accurate … obviously it’s not always spot on! Either that, or the laws of thermodynamics need some revision, to be able to accommodate the reported overnight low of -3148.8 degrees C for January 2020 …

7 Likes