So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

Gin, Darling

You needs Gin

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Well, itizz 3Ā° outside & feels like 0Ā°

I have the Fork Andles burning, so itā€™s warmer insideā€¦ :wink:

Proffers Medicinals fer Ponderingā€¦

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

[yawnity] Tseep?

Time to take the garden bin to the dump.

yardarm

5 Likes

Bacon butties to take with you?

6 Likes

Already been and gone.

[happy peckity]

5 Likes

Oh Fishy, we need a new firepit, rightā€¦?

5 Likes

Thatā€™d fill up with water when it rained. Whereā€™s the vents at the bottom to let air in for ignition?

4 Likes

I know, I know. It would be better as the rim of a conventional brazier.

5 Likes

It would be no use here in the fecking use here in the hail

6 Likes

That just means your brazier needs to put out more heat. Try a nice big butane burner with an air premix.

http://www.tuscany-ballooning.com/img/photos/balloon/balloon-burners.jpg

6 Likes

I think Iā€™ll just get on with sorting Private Eye #s 1383 - 1546 into date order ready to go into plastic packets and silver lever-arch files when those arrive, possibly tomorrow. (#s 1222 - 1382 are already filed, but I got a little behind when they stopped doing the silver files at Staples.)

6 Likes

Thatā€™s too organised for the hovel Fishy

Here I am planning steak and bbq ribeye steak

6 Likes

The real difficulty is going to be finding anywhere to keep thirteen absolutely full A4 files. And I do mean anywhere! If we got rid of one of the Encyclopaedia Britannicas (1911 and 1954) the files could go where they are, but I donā€™t really want to even if all human knowledge is on the internet somewhere so I donā€™t actually need them; if nothing else, it would be silly to keep the volume with my fatherā€™s article in it and ditch the rest, as well as making the set no use to anyone else ā€“ not that anyone else would want it anyway, but you know what I mean. Getting rid of it would mean throwing it away, and that seems somehow Wrong.

6 Likes

Keep the 1954. Find a home for the 1911. Shipping it to Norway would probably be prohibitively expensive, thoughā€¦

6 Likes

Thunder!

6 Likes

I was thinking of the other way round: the content of the 1954 is almost certain to be mostly-available elsewhere, that of the 1911 a lot less so. On a practical level, the 1954 is not printed on India paper so it takes up a lot more shelf-space.

Mind you, I am unsure whether having books in the house which contain instructions for making explosives for household use is necessarily prudent.

6 Likes

I was delighted to find that set of The World Of The Childrenā€¦

6 Likes

For those who missed it first time round:

5 Likes

Wot, you think we should be gettinā€™ inventive?

5 Likes

Please, no, donā€™t. The authorities can be so prone to misinterpreting the true spirit of scientific enquiry.

In other substance -related news, I am having sautƩed cauliflower (florets and leaves) seasoned with panch phoran with me chicken and potato curry. Ittizzz very good. Thought a Bee might like to know ;- )

6 Likes