So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

The corned beef hash hit the spot, & was delicious

There are leftovers…

When I picked up my newspaper this evening, I bought a dozen FR eggs for £1-40 in the reduced section.

Not as good as having chickens/going to Adam’s Happy Hens, but will do for now

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

The Bull has been doing witchcraft with broadband and tellingphone and irritating the poor souls at our providers help desk

They are trained to go through a script

The Bull wrote scripts half a century ago

6 Likes

When Lou was little she called it a tellingbone. Quite apt, I thought.

5 Likes

A good CBH is a thing of beauty, Darling. Plans for the eggs? ( not too graphic, please)

6 Likes

Be sure your sins will find you out ;- )

6 Likes

Prolly for enriching things, rather than staring back at me innan baleful manner

I don’t like to run out of eggs

T*rd in the hurl may happen too

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Twud in t’ole is a fine idea, something to insulate a Chatelaine from crappy autumnal weather. Plus it doesn’t look at you. ;- )

Have just had pork & bramley & onion Thing. Slow cookered.
Gxx

6 Likes

As there isn’t a lot of point trying to make YP batter for one, I think that I will do my normal amount & then make YPs with the rest, & freeze them.

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Ooooh. Sneaky and sensible. I like it.

6 Likes

Very little is.

7 Likes

A Catweazle fan, perchance?

6 Likes

We are replete on my bread rolls and sausages

Left over sausages are in the fridge

7 Likes

FTFY…

7 Likes

Still tryin’ to parse that clause…

7 Likes

Could that be where it came from? I don’t remember her being a fan but it’s quite possible. And there was I thinking she was being original.

6 Likes

Doesn’t matter; that’s what she called it, and it’s a good enough name.
Gxxx

6 Likes

Don’t really remember the series myself (I was probably a bit young!) but my elder brother often referred to the “tellingbone” and “electrickery” throughout his life. I think they achieved a fair bit of currency at the time.

6 Likes

I know a 70 odd year old MLer who has never had a TV, who always says “elecktrickery”

We seem to absorb these things, somehow - prolly osmosis

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

[yawnity] Tseep.

yardarm

Ah well, orf to the gin mines…

6 Likes

Morning all

Bacon rolls today using my own burger-ish rolls - plain white rolls made with milk not water

They have a stronger structure than normal bread and they hold shape with a hot filling

They are also less sweet than burger or hot dog rolls

7 Likes