Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Aw, shucks, you old charmer!

7 Likes

I like Jazzer

The way he and Jim have grown closer over the years is a believable story and the idea of anyone ever hurting the Prof gets Jazzer really angry with no way to deal with it

When someone lacks the education to know how to use anger in a constructive way they will try to lash out as Jazzer wants to

It’s a sad fact that sexual abuse crime affects the family and friends of the victim almost as much as the victim

7 Likes

I quite like Jazzer too, it’s just the rewriting of previously interesting characters to make them idiotic that I can’t abide

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

…I agree with what you’re saying, but it seems to me that the “re-writing of previously interesting characters” has become a general “one-size-fits-all” solution to a problem¹ which has been plaguing TA for the last several years (…and editors) :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::expressionless::expressionless:

¹ I might suggest A remarkable lack of imagination?

3 Likes

Jan Sixth:

ProfJimus: “…why should I be pleased?”

RestofWorld: “why indeed?” (…see posts passim)

…I get the distinct impression that this is just the beginning of "…the gift which keeps giving… …on and on and on and on!"

:unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

4 Likes

Solution to Prof Jimus’s Quandry:

TheKalodonianKlown & Alistair creep into Harold Jayston’s place of interment at the dead of night armed with a couple of shovels (…and the replacement pot… …better make that just the one shovel since TKK is in the work-party and has an in-born aversion to working-tools!) and transfer Mr. Jayston’s remains into the pot, which they then take back to Greenacres to be displayed right next to the outdoor privy in the garden, where any visitor can christen it in the time-honoured way whenever it is felt necessary to do so!

5 Likes

January 7th:

Attaboy, Pigsy! …sounds like she needs to have her bum smacked, and sent to bed without any supper. (…about time someone whacked the stupid baggage!) (…use the bolt-gun, Pigsy, the bolt-gun!)

Oh Gawd! (…that excruciating cackle!)

6 Likes

It’s a pity the plot demanded that Neil’s solution didn’t work, or hasn’t yet, but Neil dealt with Hannah very badly. He should behave like a boss and reprimand her for her attitude and give her a warning, not descend to her level of bickering and finger-pointing, ending with a shouting match.

7 Likes

Yeah, well Neil is and has repeatedly been shown to be, a crap manager.
I like the fact that Hannah doesn’t pretend to be ‘nice’.

6 Likes

Wednesday January 8th:

From the web-site:

“Jim’s attitude causes problems”

…and there wuz oi, finking the problems are in the scripts… :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::unamused::unamused::unamused::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

Here’s another tip for Vex:

You could always give the piggies destined for the abattoir a good breakfast of bacon? (…just to remind them that their destiny is all part of a good cause…) :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

Snork

6 Likes

Pigs fed on pigs that were fed on pigs…

6 Likes

Friday January 10th:

Philf (…for it is he): “They don’t always roost this far inland…”

RestOfWorld: “…really? So just how far would that be then? …a, Philip, a?”

(…everyone:) “…another one for the ASIF list?”

Philf: “…one of those real, magic moments!”

RoW: “…yeah! …right!”

Philf: “…we’re not done yet! I’ve got a little surprise waiting for you!”
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::unamused::unamused::unamused::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::open_mouth::open_mouth::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
(…in the interest of decency, the rest of this speculation has been edited…

(…later …sounds like TheProf is going to take up my suggestion (see up-thread))

…and Krusty sez "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"
…but she won’t, will she! :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

But she said yes

Now we have months of wedding preparations for Father and son to enjoy

With added Joy and Hellqueen
The

5 Likes

The…

Yes… indeed… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

Bluddy phone

The prospect of Joy getting all excited and wanting to be involved in her “dear friend’s special day” is abhorrent

But it will happen rest assured

6 Likes

“You know what we absolutely need, and I can’t trust anyone else to do? Someone to do the bird census all day. Out on the marsh, a long way away from here.”

6 Likes

But that would spoil the SWs so many jolly japes…

6 Likes

…that reminds me: Where is Cloive incarcerated? …hulks? …prison-ships? …do they still have those?
(fond memories of mis-reading “Great Expectorations” back in 1963 (in the 2nd year at Grammar School come flooding back):
“Hold your nose¹!” cried a terrible voice, as a man started up from among the graves at the side of the church porch. “Keep still, you little devil, or I’ll cut your throat!”

¹ this really happened, much to the amusement of the rest of the class!

5 Likes