Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

So many things seem to happen again and again. Santayana etc.

5 Likes

Well, that certainly felt a lot longer than 13 minutes.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not mean that in a good way.

5 Likes

Dire, wasn’t it?

5 Likes

And so disappointing that Modom. Begorrah and the surro-gitlet are all three of them still alive.

5 Likes

That’s debatable

5 Likes

Shouldn’t they declate they want to leave the firm, will start funding their own life & flounce of having renounced all (some) of their titles ?

I hate to dump on Sturmey & Jane but Canada seems favourite.

7 Likes

…who is (…at this very moment) about 322 km south of the Canadian border! I think I’ll grab a Garlic Sarnie, brew some fine cawfee, and then settle down with a pipe of “John Cotton’s Double-Pressed Latakia” (…a recently discovered¹ gem of a baccy) and prepare meself fer the very worstest…

¹

4 Likes

Sunday January 19th:

ProfJimmus & KaledonianKlown & Ediiee discussing t’Bull’s new name, I was ½ expectorating TheProf to start quoting TheBard (…no, sillie, NOT TheBardofAmbridge, but TheBardofAvon) : "What’s in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet!…etc. etc. (…cont. on verse XCIV)

…or (better still, Sturmey’s version): "What’s in a name? That which we call a Grundgie, by any other name would smell as foul! etc. etc.)
:thinking::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

…and why is Begorrah confiding in FreddieThePusher re. all the goings-on and subterfugarations at GayGorbals & LowestPoxley!

Oh, Gawd! mAdam has just arrived!

(even more) Oh Gawd! more Beggorraagh&mAdam!

(…why do I always think of JohnCole¹) when The LiitleOirishCheffette opens his gob and speaks?

¹ (…of “HonDootedlee MossesThotcher!” fame)

3 Likes

I have never been able to source this - anyone here?

That which we call a rose
By any name as sweet would smell
But rhododendrons and chrysanthemums
Would be easier to spell

That was an arrangement they made when Ian took paternity leave. IIRC it was an attempt by Freddie to ingratiate himself because Ian wasn’t happy with an ex-con working in his kitchen

4 Likes

Freddie was confiding in Ian, not the other way round.

4 Likes

Well, it rather sounded to me like Ian was laying into Hugh about Hugh revising the menu - surely the menu would be none of Freddy’s business since he is “only a K.P.¹”

¹ Kitchen Pusher? Kitchen Pratt? :thinking::neutral_face::neutral_face:

4 Likes

The menu would be on the website, so Freddie having to filch a copy of it for Ian is bullshit anyway.

4 Likes

KP is “Kitchen Patrol” if you are a member of the armed forces of the United States.

In this country it might be more likely to be a spud basher.

I expect there has been a television series at some point which mentioned the term, and for some reason it is trendy among da yoof and Keri Davies.

4 Likes

Unless it’s like many would-be-fancy pubs and restaurants, where the version on the web site is five years old because nobody still working there knows how to update it.

4 Likes

New chef, new menu.

3 Likes

Have just heard the repeat

Sigh

I hadn’t missed anything at all

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I recommend bicarb.

5 Likes

Or for Ambridge, napalm

5 Likes

In a kitchen KPs are the lowly pot scrubbers and keeping everything clean slavies

Rather too elevated a position for Freddie but Justin seems to want to staff his residence with ne’er do wells

4 Likes

Trying to do the Jamie Oliver thing?

6 Likes