Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

The scripties have jolly japes with Freddie

6 Likes

…of the komikal-releef kind? …Gawd help up all! :hushed::hushed::hushed::pensive::pensive::pensive::confused::confused::confused::confused:

(…but nothing approaching the jolly japes going on on this side of t’Pond at the mo! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

Heave… :nauseated_face:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Well, I’ve finally heard it. And wish I hadn’t bothered. Do you think the “technical problems” were simply no one believing that it was intended for broadcast?

Now for Wednesday’s…

Er…

I refer the Honourable Cellarati to the answer I gave a moment ago

6 Likes

…so glad to hear from you @joe, your post has confirmed once and for all that I’m in great company down here in the cellar, being not the only raving looney! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::wink::wink::wink::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Dunno 'bout that…

Trump to the left of me, Brexit to the right, here I am…

6 Likes

My God, if you’re further right than Trump…!

5 Likes

Only geographically, I assure you!

Even then, only if facing north

5 Likes

“Now Hitler, Himmler, Göring, and all them other Reds,
They never understood the power of a song…”

https://www.peteatkin.com/f12.htm

6 Likes

Even better:

https://www.peteatkin.com/play/f12.htm

4 Likes

Turdsday February 6th:

Jugleen sick? (…any chance of a coronavirus outbreak? …about the same chances of a grande floode?) (…although I think I’d prefer Bubonic plague…) :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:)

C’mon Vex, it that were me, Joshee would be wearing the drink PoopSquit just bought you!

4 Likes

Friday Feb 7th:

Nothing wrong with Gav that two barrels of "Piranha"¹ to the face won’t fix!

¹ (…better save some for Krate)

4 Likes

…just got to the end…

(…checks to see if "Rosemary’s Baby" is available on Prime! :roll_eyes: :thinking::thinking:)

4 Likes

Sunday February 9th:

“Alice reels from the latest gossip”

…oh, buggeration! Don’t tell me TheKaledonianKlown has found his missing bagpipes!

Talking of which here’s one of my cell-mates (FatMan) practicing the pipes!

“Whhhhheeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhhhhhh!”

…and for those readers of more refined sensibilities, here is my favourite bagpipe-music:

:wink::wink::wink::wink:

7 Likes

My mother and father used to buy each other books of McNeice’s poetry – that single father who was described by Anthony Blunt as “totally, irredeemably heterosexual”. Perhaps they liked him for believing that “the poet’s first business is mentioning things” and for not being too bleedin’ high-falutin’.

7 Likes

What a fine cat FatMan is, Sturmers. I’m rather fond of MacNiece myself, too.

7 Likes

Tell me, darlings: should I listen to what I have missed (last Wednesday to tonight inclusive)?

6 Likes

Erm…
I haven’t

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Yes, but that might be because you have strange unearthly radio-silencing powers at the moment. It’s not advice from a fully informed perspective, much as I value your opinion on 'most everyfing, dear Chatelaine…

7 Likes

Gus

I have listened

So you should share with the enjoyment

7 Likes