Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Ah. If you in your currently suffering state can take whatever the TBTB choose to throw at us, then it would be a bit feeble of me to duck it (a rhyme suggests itself here).
So I’d better briefcasing listen, hadn’t i?
Deal: I’ll listen, you’ll take things sensible and slow like, dear Twellers, and get yourself better in the teeth of the Medical Establishment.

6 Likes

…well, not much! (…aksherly! :smirk: )

5 Likes

I have listened, Twellsy, and have come to the conclusion that TA cannot be doing you any good in your current delicate state. I was feeling quite chipper beforehand and am now somewhat green about the gills meself.

And primroses? PRIMROSES? Barely into the second week of Feb? I think not, SWs.

6 Likes

I notice that Jakob’s intermittent ASD is playing up again. Conveniently.

7 Likes

Tuesday February 11th:

…do I detect Gav having designs on getting into Emmur’s knickerage region? I think we should be told!

…and what’s with the “totally” and “O.T.T.”? Is StShuggs attempting to keep up with the BrightYoungThangs of Ambridge? I wonder what would BishCyril think? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::neutral_face:

…later Dreamcatcher? …or Husbandcatcher?

5 Likes

Wednesday:

…too much hooterating!

CLICK!
:roll_eyes::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

While even a very little of Jill tends to be too much imo, I thought she had the volume under better control tonight. I still want her head to fall off, mind you.

And Ben - what ambition, what vision, what a tedious little twat.

7 Likes

…see my post upthread re. volume-control! :wink:

5 Likes

If you mean the one immediately preceding my last post, I did: I was disagreeing with it.

6 Likes

…I was referring to the Larson cartoon depicting Phil’s fitting “Zelda” with a much-needed accessory!

5 Likes

Ahhhh. That one :wink:
Still not really applicable to tonight’s episode, imo. Perhaps PG is unwell…

6 Likes

I thought she was just ‘acting’ reminiscence and quiet grief. Or I thought she thought she was, perhaps.

Was it the anniversary of Phil’s death, or their wedding anniversary, I wasn’t clear? Strange for me, if the former - it’s one year today since POD died.

6 Likes

He was born on 23rd April, 1928.

6 Likes

I’m sure that’s what it was. I was just being mean.

Difficult day for you, me dear. How is OMCB holding up?

6 Likes

She’s doing well considering, full of memories as you’d expect. She’s well supported,we were with her most of the day, she had three phone calls from old friends, and a neighbour has taken her out for a meal this evening.

8 Likes

Wednesday’s high-excrement scrapeage (part II):

…I can’t help wondering how Reg will take to "a low-sugar forage diet" …but NuDaddyJakob seemed fairly adamant "…ask Reg to follow the diet precisely!"

…and I wonder how TheOnlyGayDaddiesInAmbridge will react when they discover that there is now usurper spawn growing in one of the breeders? (…I have nothing against the idea of NDJ becoming a pater, but Krate? …as a Mum? …somehow I feel sorry for the puir wee spawn!) …well, perhaps she’ll do a "Vicky Pollard" and swap it for a “Westlife¹” CD

¹ well, they’re rubbish, anyway!

4 Likes

Her usual approach to parenting is to dump the sprog on the nearest responsible1 adult and scarper to a different continent.

1For a given value of “responsible”.2
2This is TA we’re talking about, after all

6 Likes

Thus offering some benefit to us all.

5 Likes

I had a horse once that got such horrible laminitis once from a fluke grain store leakage and the rubbish vets I was using at the time simply missed the cause (happened overnight) and sold me lots of pricey drugs for weeks and weeks while poor horse declined faster and when I changed vets on advice of blacksmith (not Chris) they acted fast and put the poor horse down. I could have done with a Jakob in my life when all that happened believe me - he and Chris make a good team - actually given Chris REALLY wants a baby and the jury is still out on whether Jakob does then the solution is staring us in the face…

8 Likes

You’re suggesting Jacob puts Kate down ?

Well, it gets my vote.

9 Likes