Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

“Well, he looked like a Blake to me.”

5 Likes

Not sure that logic & a proper course of action came in to it, Fishy. He was shocked & panicking.

I can’t face listening to it again… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Basic workplace training would have covered what to do in an emergency. People who panic deserve all they get, but their victims don’t.

6 Likes

i.e., panic?

5 Likes

NO training can prepare you for the shock of an explosion

Freddie at least tried to help Lynda

And from the sound things were still collapsing round him so OUT was the only chance

7 Likes

As he was struggling free he was pushing tables & what sounded like a locker away from him, with quite a crash.

I like the think they were landing on Lynda … with considerable force.

7 Likes

That doesn’t endear him to me, tbh, Twellsy. And I used to be fairly pro-Freddie (everything being relative, you understand)

7 Likes

Thanks for that, Fishy, I was only guessing when I said it wasn’t Gavin . It’s ridiculous, to need to read the synopsis to discover the truth after you’ve listened to the whole epi very carefully.

7 Likes

Or, alternatively: ‘it’s ridiculous that information is contained in the synopsis of an episode that was not delivered via the broadcast version of said episode’.

6 Likes

Can’t imagine a broken pelvis will have been much improved by being dragged around by an amateur. So that’s something.

7 Likes

It’s frankly astonishing to find an Ambridge resident with a spine to injure

7 Likes

Tuedsday’s Epiphany:

…well, there oi wuz, mindin’ me own business gettin’ in some vittles, and suddenly a loit shone all abaht me, and oi wuz sore afraidified! …but oi fancied oi yured a voice (…nope, not an ‘eavenly one, more loike OldWallyG, wot sed “…ullo me ole pal, me ole beauty!”, an’ oi looked, an’ oi seed the followin’ vision:

…my firstest thort: “…buggeration! …now 'ow the 'ell did that 'appen?”

5 Likes

Which of them, though?

6 Likes

…ah, there’s the rub! StShuggs? (…wasn’t there mention about her license just about to be granted recently?)

4 Likes

Nowt trivial about burns (as opposed to Burns. He’s terrifically trivial). At an advanced age it’s a life changer, if not life ender.

I think they plan to show her the door.

7 Likes

If, with those reported injuries, they didn’t, I would be quite pissed off. That is entirely separate from my feelings about the character, whom I loathe with - not a passion, can’t be arsed with that kind of thing - a deep and visceral aversion.

6 Likes

Agreed. To have her come through this would trivialise an awful medical condition, which is not deserved by the poor sods who have to live with it. Because they would HAVE to trivialise it, as dealing with it would take writing & attention some way beyond the writers ability and the audiences taste/patience.

… & I find her an awful bully & snob. So shalln’t be grieving her.

7 Likes

Flail chest? DS? Depression? Bull juggling?

Their track record ain’t that great…

6 Likes

Tuedsday’s Sludge:

Note to the doctors working on MrsSmell “…please, can you do anything about the constant sniffing?”

OMG! StShuggs, TheProf (…in his new character), Wobert (…also in his new character), what’s to like? (…nothing that another gas-leak wouldn’t fix!)

OK I’m off to replay them exploserations ‘n screamin’ again! Oh the joy!!! :smile:

3 Likes

‘Emotionally literate Jim’ is seriously annoying. I do wish Snell, R would smash him on the snoot, but then I suppose Jim would only be Understanding about that, which would be even more annoying.
Gah.
Nowhere near enough of the buggers on the critical list is my considered opinion.

Also. Oliver would NOT have been that crappin’ useless. The man was an Officer, dammit.

7 Likes