Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

No eggs at the shops? Well, I think we all have a pretty good idea where they went.

Oh, and if bluddy Pip and bluddy Phoebe (bad enough singly, but together? dear God) are dismantling a fence, that means there will be some stakes lyin’ around wiv nuffin’ to do. A busy stake is a happy stake…

7 Likes

Stakes is for everyone, not just for vampires.

7 Likes

Exactly, dere Sparrer. They work on anyone temporarily undead.

6 Likes

Who shops for eggs?? [smug grinnity*]

*Ortokorrekt suggests “Smug Trinity”, which is a pretty accurate description of 3rd level education here)

8 Likes

Adam, do us a favour: FOAD.

4 Likes

Why is he concerned about them employing someone who has not been charged with any crime?

4 Likes

Because he is a sanctimonious arsehole.
Which is fine; but please do not let us have to hear Brian of all people apparently being fond of him or pandering to the little shite.

I hope the Corvids get the baby.

4 Likes

…well, I had to look that one up, but it’s a good 'un, and I think I’ll add it to my auto-answer to all the spammers and tekemarketeers who pester my telephone! Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Just don’t mix it up with FTAOD, which is all too easily done. I have done it.

5 Likes

Miind you, I also signed off an email to m’learned friend with ‘Beast’… I think he was flattered on the whole, being quite a Bad Lad on the QT.
And I managed ‘Nest’ to another colleague, who immediately complied, and built quite the structure under his desk… I rather miss some of the reprobates I worked with.

4 Likes

Using both would be appropriate in this context

5 Likes

joe, have I mentioned of late that I luv and revere you?

5 Likes

What are you talking about?

I am hopeless at TLAs

4 Likes

FTAOD = For The Avoidance Of Doubt
FOAD = Briefcase Off And Die

5 Likes

And counting, seemingly, dere…

5 Likes

Who needs to count Gus Dere?

Thank you wee birdie I am shocked at Gus knowing such rude things

I thought her a sweet kind gentle lady who would never use foul language

6 Likes

`you have either not being paying attention or are stocious drunk, ma’am. If the latter, have another one for me, dear Twellers.

5 Likes

Best done at a distance at the mo - I’m feeling like death warmed up. I don’t think I’ve got it, but I’m taking no chances.

Bolleaux.

6 Likes

that was not a LIKE like.

has always been done at a distance, the revering and will continue on that basis for the duration.
Now get you to bed with a hot half’un or equivalent and sleep off whatever is ailing you, me dere. Wishing you better in the morning.
Gxxx

4 Likes

Joe do look after yourself much love and no contact hugs

Gus dear I always think the best of folks

And I am stone cold sober

5 Likes