Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

David Mitchell, on The Unbelievable Truth: “There’ll be letters. Mostly consonants…”

5 Likes

There is always the legal defence of “fair comment”.

8 Likes

…just listening “live”…

…fer Christ’s sake!!!

(…looks for Glazier on speed-dial…)

6 Likes

I’m about three minutes behind and bracing myself.

7 Likes

I think enduring the CoronaVirusThingy must be better than this swill!!!

6 Likes

About to start…

Be careful, Sturmers; it might be difficult to find glaziers on call-out in the present circs. And even if you did, I wouldn’t trust the supply chain…

6 Likes

Gahhhh!

There am I wanting Robert to get the Bad Phonecall from the hospital and we get Whore feckin’ Joyville an’ Peep.

I am gettin’ baulked of me rightful prey a bit often for my liking.

6 Likes

…well, I tend to go through winders like most folks go through toilet-paper!! :no_mouth::no_mouth::dizzy_face::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

At least it ended badly for Pip.

8 Likes

What, very carefully and parsimoniously, Sturmers? Forgive me for saying this so publicly, but I don’t believe you.

5 Likes

Do I take it gin would be advisable? Actually a hot whiskey would certainly cheer me up…

Just opened the TA page:

_

“Robert makes an emotional gesture”

_

One finger or two?

8 Likes

Not badly enough, Dahlink. Not by a long chalk. Although I suppose both brothers might ditch her and she could be picked up by a novice serial killer, who will also ditch her, the length and breadth of Borsetshire.
Forgive my optimism. Trying to keep boardly spirits up in these troubled times.

Seriously, though: is she even remotely credibly written or acted as the mother of a young child?

8 Likes

…I can only guess you’ve never seen the inside of my over-crowded garage! (…pics to follow…)

6 Likes

o god, what have I DONE?

7 Likes

My theory is that the worse the actor is, the worse the writing gets.

7 Likes

It’s a fairly plausible one.

6 Likes

…I wonder how many times #45 has thought those very words?

4 Likes

…so, are you saying the writing is tailored to the actor??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

As if we needed to be told…

5 Likes

That caused a bad accident with Valuable Beer, that did, blast you.

Pure brilliant.

6 Likes