Viral DOOM

That or extreme bragging!

7 Likes

Snork!

6 Likes

Meanwhile, isolation not too bad here.

Still walking everyday and went shopping yesterday - two supermarkets, a butchers and a fishmongers, so all quite normal.

Yet Mrs. Armrest is taking the isolation surprisingly badly. We are just over a week into our isolation and it’s really upsetting to witness her standing at the window gazing into space, tears running down her face… It
breaks my heart… I’ve thought long and hard of how I can cheer her up… I’ve even considered letting her in, but rules are rules.

8 Likes

I feel for the surprising spouse

Were it not for my friend’s pact with me that we would chat by phone every day I would be screaming by now

Three weeks into quarantine/cocooning and I am beginning to feel fed up

So I am taking the Bull’s gansey and knitting a rib on the end of it as it is a tad short and the end wants to curl up…

6 Likes

Keep Calm & Knit, Twellsy
Or
Keep Calm & Cook

You have contact with the whole world with the Internetty - (when I haven’t broken it) :wink:

You have friends

Most importantly, you have Yon Bull

I hope that people are keeping diaries/records of these strange & worrying times.

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I have to be honest and say that for me things are much as usual. Less shopping, but otherwise little change.

6 Likes

I just miss my routine

Ach the Bull will have a splendid gansey for the garden

I will be fine I was just having a moment

Today we will dine upon a 3lb loaf I made yesterday and ommelette with bacon onion mushrump and pepper with cheese filling - my version of a breakfast dinner!

5 Likes

Ooh, Ommerletty

My Austrian friend makes the best Scrambled Eggs evvah, & Fishy makes the best Omerletty

I could have bacon, cheese & onion Omerletty with some of the cheesy bread toasted

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

That’s good then, Fishy

There are enuff on the St Jude list…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I really miss using public transport. Not for work, I’m retired, but for my walks. I loved getting the bus to start my walk and knowing I could hop on one to get home if I was weary. And it’s free on Wednesdays and Sundays for pensioners! It’s so frustrating watching them go by almost empty. But my journeys were definitely not Necessary, so I’ll have to rely on my legs or the car till this is over.

7 Likes

Agreed Janie

We are just counting the terrace drive and garden as huge gifts just now

And to go for a walk I could just walk our deserted roadways

I am building up to managing a decent walk

6 Likes

Good for you, Twellsy, hope the weather cooperates. Today is sunny and a high of 7°C, which is good for us at this time of the year. The snow has mostly gone, just waiting for things to turn green. How different it must be where you are!

5 Likes

Stay on your own property, Twellsy
You have a chest infection :mask:

3 days ago you said you were sitting outside knitting.

2 days ago you said that Mr Wells was considering sending for the Dr.

Admire all the work that you have had done, & make plans for a good summer

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

It is chilly here for the time of year

I will try to take photos when I next hurple down the road

4 Likes

To be fair, where Twellsy is, it’s not quite such a big deal.

4 Likes

Perhaps a bit less hurpling and a bit more sin-bathing would be in order.

5 Likes

Oh, well played, Janie.
Snortle.

6 Likes

You may have heard of the Belarus President declaring that CV-19 is not going to affect his country & all people need is vodka & saunas & they’ll be fine.

Well … Turkmenistan has just banned it …

&, well, chwarae teg to him.

4 Likes

It’s after 12pm by my clock, Armers…

3 Likes

That is rather a silly President!

Dear chatelaine Iam being very careful and the Bull is ensuring I am careful

There is a pedestrian a day on our road and bugga all traffic so it is like staying on our own property when I hirple out and back for a change of scenery

Gus I have sin bathed happily on my hammock for years dontcha know?

3 Likes