Book of Proverbs, Cellarite Version

Blame joe.

Less a proverb, more a default position, that. But anyway:

I mean, Falling Sparrers are a trip hazard…

8 Likes

The early bird turns over and goes back to sleep.

7 Likes

It is easy for a camel to piss on the knee of an idol

(Fragment from the Book of Ozymandias)

5 Likes

The lips of a strange limpet drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil.

5 Likes

Tell that to the rocks, dere ;- )

5 Likes

A stitch in time ought to be on a different thread.

5 Likes

Indeed.
Knittery and Stitchery and Stuff to be precise.

4 Likes

If you break the bloody glass
Darrington will provide another.

He will also look Pained and slightly reproachful

4 Likes

The early sparrer gets most of the bacon butties

5 Likes

A woman of median virtue, her price is above Ruby’s and Big Sal’s but considerably lower than GBS’s interlocutor’s opening offer.

5 Likes

The fear of the Sparrer’s Bruvver is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom, instruction, and big sticks wiv nails in 'em.

[…]

If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause: consider whether thou mayst be the innocent in question.

4 Likes

Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee, unless the bugger planteth leylandii, which wax taller and less comely than cedars of Lebanon, at which point all bets are off.

5 Likes

Plotting destruction leylandii is a virtue
When accomplished it destroys an evil weed

3 Likes
  • If thine eye offend thee, stop looking in the bloody mirror.
  • It is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, particularly if they voted against you.
4 Likes

Too many cooks spoil the TV schedule.

4 Likes

Dearie me, you set me off in pursuit of this.

What still alive at twenty-two,
A clean, upstanding chap like you?
Sure, if your throat is hard to slit,
Slit your girl’s, and swing for it.
Like enough, you won’t be glad
When they come to hang you, lad:
But bacon’s not the only thing
That’s cured by dangling from a string.
So, when the spilt ink of the night
Spreads o’er the blotting-pad of light,
Lads whose job is still to do
Shall whet their knives, and think of you.

4 Likes

And there came forth a mighty pounding, as if all the legions of Beelzebub did march forth beating drums of war・And a dense fog hung about the airless cavern・And strange lights did pierce the darkness with ungodly hues・And I beheld seven fat cows and with them also I beheld seven thin cows・And all were bedecked with sparkles・And at the centre stood, though unsteadily, one adornèd with a tabard bearing the Mystic Rune of the Red L・And they did carouse and quaff mightily and most noisily・And all who saw knew great fear・For by these signs did all know it was the Eve of the Sabbath in the land of Ēastseaxe.

4 Likes

Ah, I do miss me lovely Ēastseaxe girls.

Pthink Ptraci in Ptyramids: half temple dancer, half bandsaw. My lot favoured the bandsaw side, on the whole.

I did enjoy a query I fielded re our Ethics Committee…

4 Likes

Yea, though thou walkest through the valley of the shadow of death, thou wilt fear no evil: for thine eye be fixèd solely upon thy bloody phone and thou wouldst not notice even if an herd of elephants run into thee.

And the Lord sent many Signs, that the people should know the True Path and be Safe in the Eyes of the Lord as they went about their business. But some there were who looked not to the Signs and cared naught for their fellow man as he walked upon the set path, saying, “Lord, these Signs speak not to us nor do we care for the True Path and the Ways that Thou has set forth, for we are Cyclists and shall go wheresoever it bloody well pleaseth us.”

And then the Lord sent forth His Vengeance, and that Vengeance roared mightily and belched forth smoke as it swept all before it in its Dreadful Chariot. Let him that hath sense fear and shun the number of the beast: for it is an inhuman number; and the number is 16 or as they who would be its false prophets count it, 4 x 4

5 Likes

Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. And also look upon the way thou art bleedin’ well going, Son: for the Lord thy God hath set it plain before thee, and He and thy mother might care but none other shall ease their bowels about it.

5 Likes