On the Juke-Box Today

I tried Hot Rats many moons ago. I shall re-listen to it … & these others but he is a blind spot to me. Just as are King Crimson (the utterly marvellous ‘Court of the Crimson King’ … God bless it … apart).

Nor can I ever EVER ‘get’ Jeff Beck. I have spent days of my life trying to persuade myself but it never happens.

But I WILL give it another go. Honest.

2 Likes

wunderschön

2 Likes

We definitely need a bit more good old-fashioned romance…

3 Likes

you sure about that? nah… < gus grins despite general Gusliness >

1 Like

This popped up at some ungodly hour recently (which is appropriate enough, it being a Nocturnal and all). Can’t find a full Bream version, sadly. But, enjoy

And here is JB

2 Likes

One for Armers:

3 Likes

Excellent Joe. Thank you.

A vg friend from Uni was the legal manager for Fun Boy Three and Bananarama. He called me once at some ungodly hour with the immortal line of “you’ll never guess where I am !”

Which, of course, I couldn’t.

He was on an infeasibly high floor of some Manhatten hotel on a joint tour with the 2 groups and which point they all bellowed “Hi Martin !!!”. He then insisted I jumped a plane that very day and join them … followed by various of them coming to the phone imploring me.

It was a very odd, but delightful, experience & I suspect drink and chemicals were involved.

3 Likes

Feral Techie used to run the web sites for S Club 7 and Westlife. Not quite the same thing…

4 Likes

The Biog by Barry Miles is good. I might re-read it or try this one … book

3 Likes

Oooh I dunno. Rachel Stevens would have got my attention.

2 Likes

Zappa.

I tried … again. But sorry. Does nothing for me. At all.

Cleary it’s me missing out, but it comes over as very competent, risqué, musical theatre. Someone being deliberately clever & showing off.

Be gentle with me.

4 Likes

Why, what makes you think we are going to make weasels rip your flesh?

4 Likes

[sound of reversing pantechnicon]

'Ere, guv, got a load of rabid flesh-ripping weasels 'ere, where d’you want 'em?

And to stay on-topic:

4 Likes

Well … SOME of you are going to be Catholuc Girls, aren’t you !!

4 Likes

That is reasonably horrible.

2 Likes

Continuing the theme of ‘reasonably horrible’ (some might say) and prompted by Armers’ mention elsethread of Mulllingar it is my duty and privilege to provide this:

4 Likes

For a horrible moment, I thought you were going to inflict Joe Dolan on us

3 Likes

No one’s upset me to that extent. Yet.

3 Likes

Some times I worry more than I do at other times.

3 Likes

Astonishing. Thank you.

I was wondering where Mullingar came into it.

m

4 Likes