Poultry report

Final count six!

8 Likes

Congratulations, probably.

8 Likes

In other news, the first phase of the very gradual easing of lockdown comes into force on Monday…

8 Likes

Ah, that’s lovely.

9 Likes

That ought to be on the poultry thread really…

8 Likes

Oops - I thought it was! Must have missed the “reply on original thread” thingy. Will move it…

7 Likes

I think it enhances the Cellar. More than my random witterage, that’s for sure.

7 Likes

Happy Chooks = happy bee. Fab, joe :grinning:
Soo xx

7 Likes

I love the way the chicks move as if they have wheels.

8 Likes

They have to recharge fairly regularly…

7 Likes

One to be going on with:

8 Likes

Oh, much fine bold chickitude there. Excellent. Thank you.
Gx

7 Likes

Whoops - did I do that? Still relying on phone for internet, so it crashes on a fairly regular basis. Looks as though it happened while I was trying to move that. Will repost, but am reluctant to delete the hidden kaboom in case I wipe out everyone else’s posts. Does anyone know if it’s safe to do so?

Meanwhile, in response to the Parrot Queen of the Night*, I think Violet’s trying to get the family to do Bohemian Rhapsody:

*Has anyone tried teaching one a certain G&S number?

6 Likes

The kaboom should bugger off in the course of nature. Was trying to save you posting effort given your current situation. But I am fat-fingered and incompetent.
A gorgeous photie. Thank you.

5 Likes

Ah right. I was trying to move it when the connection froze, then when it came back I saw the kaboom and assumed that the dropped connection was the cause.

I’ve seen worse kaboomage:

http://andrewszydlo.com/about.html

Why weren’t our chemistry lessons like that?

8 Likes

Tee, hee…

8 Likes

Joe

A task for your girls to better?

I think you need ducks

5 Likes

We’re overrun as it is!

Ducks are OK, but I’d worry in case a drake appeared. They can be a bit indiscriminate when mating and their very different physiology means they can injure - or even kill - a hen.

5 Likes

Or a duck, if they’re like mallards and breed on the water; she can be drowned altogether too easily if another drake happens by and wants to get in on the action. That’s why the keepers quietly cull the mallard drakes in the Regent’s Park, without telling the general public because it would cause a fuss in one direction or another whatever they said.

5 Likes

Yes - mallards can be thugs. I’ve also heard horror stories about aggression - again, potentially lethal - towards hens in mixed flocks, so on the whole I’d tend to avoid them.

6 Likes