Viral DOOM

Very useful for bread making (unless you can afford a fancy steam oven)

5 Likes

A tip I picked up from John Kirkwood, to give him due credit

5 Likes

Tempted to go down the pub for one last night. But that would be Very Silly.

5 Likes

You’ll be fine as long as you take sensible precautions…

5 Likes

A few weeks ago, a friend was thinking about retheming his child’s birthday party from “Batman” to “Don’t Lick That”.

5 Likes

Best to use a stick at least 2m long, and a full-face mask in case of castoff and spray.

6 Likes

Undeniably prudent, but that approach lacks the personal touch which I feel is called for.

6 Likes

You can always dance on their grave afterwards.

6 Likes

How long is a halibut? That is the traditional thing with which to thwack someone.

5 Likes

Well let’s see

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQYaRoaL7aoIVS51qkWOxTwK7vw-3JjQsxtqDFhEBb_OdsAVyc6

Should be safe to thwack folk with that…

6 Likes

Possibly not as personal as Gus wants; one would need to use a block and tackle to do it with.

6 Likes

Well you can get smaller ones…

5 Likes

All this talk of viral lurgies reminds me…

3 Likes
5 Likes

Snork!

And this is still on the CBC’s What you need to know about COVID-19 in Ottawa page.

Anyone who has difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, confusion or inability to wake up and bluish lips or face should go to the emergency room.

4 Likes

…should set off for the emergency room and fall over on the way there…

6 Likes

That would save time, really, wouldn’t it, and less pressure on the system. As for those people with inability to wake up … the official advice ought to be ‘stay put’.

7 Likes

How would they know they hadn’t woken up if they were unable to do it?

5 Likes

Tssk, Fishy. :wink:.

You’re so damned practical!

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I do see that as a bit of a problem. I was thinking there must be a substantial number of blue-faced zombies in Ottawa that I didn’t know about. Either that or sleep-walking smurfs.

6 Likes